3.29.2011

a brighton idea

I haven’t done much in San Francisco lately, so with a lack of something new to talk about, I thought I’d rehash a cool California spot I visited a few years ago, brought back to my mind in last week’s Weekend Sherpa e-newsletter (Weekend Sherpa is one of my favorite websites, detailing cool, outdoorsy things to do in Northern California. It’s fabulous.) In May 2008, Seb and I camped at New Brighton State Beach, just south of Santa Cruz. It’s a gorgeous spot on a bluff overlooking the Pacific, and apparently, if you’re there at the right time between now and May, you’ll get lucky and spot some grey whales on their annual migration to Baja.

DSC02907DSC02908

The view of the Pacific from New Brighton State Beach campground (left); our campsite, shaded by tall trees (right).

No comments:

Post a Comment