3.22.2011

goodbye tahoe

My ski season came to an end on Sunday, as I left our ski lease in Truckee and headed back to SF for the last time this year. It was bittersweet – obviously, I love to ski, but I’m looking forward to being back in the city on the weekends, and actually seeing my friends and getting stuff done. We’ve been MIA for too long since New Year’s.

Tahoe blessed me with a massive amount of snow as a send-off. I’m talking fresh powder up to my thighs, and with the closure of Interstate 80 throughout the weekend due to heavy snow, slippery roads and stupid drivers, Northstar was not crowded. Hurrah for us.

193972_10150106430691362_727556361_6710978_6701676_o
I will miss the following, clockwise from top left: fresh powder (this was the scene in our back yard on Saturday), our rustic-yet-luxurious townhouse in Truckee, the stunning views, the alpine landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment