1.21.2011

let me eat (cup)cakes

Is there anything better than a cupcake? I don’t think so. Last night a friend brought me a heavenly “sweet vanilla” cupcake from Kara’s Cupcakes in Ghirardelli Square. I passionately dislike the “m” word, but there is no other way to describe the cupcake…it was moist. And decadent. And amazing. I have yet to decide who has the best cupcakes in the city. Is it Kara’s? Or Miette in the Ferry Building? There is always a line at Miette, due to the usual crowds in the Ferry Building, so it loses some points in my book. Standing in line diminishes the enjoyment of the spur-of-the-moment treat. Susie Cakes on Chestnut Street in the Marina is pretty darn good. I had a chocolate one with peanut butter icing there a few weeks back that made me very happy. American Cupcake on Union Street drew me in months ago with its sign in the window that says something like “Cupcakes and French Fries…what else do you need in life?” A damn good question. So I chose a butterscotch cupcake and sat at one of their sidewalk tables to people-watch on a Sunday afternoon. The verdict is still out, so I guess I’ll have to do more research. I’ve heard very good things about Mission Minis. Maybe I’ll check that off my list next week. Oh, the agony of it all.

SusieCakes_San_Franciscokara's
mietteamerican cupcake

 

 

 

 

 

 



Photos courtesy Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment